Thursday, May 2, 2013

Goodbye

You knew I was praying for you to come
I was not your choice for so long

You finally came uninvited
I was happy to welcome you as my most precious guest

You were the most unexpected gift of fate
I was counting every day the size of my growing emotions

You wanted to be part of my life
I wished the same with all my heart

You didn't know what life is without me
I didn't know what true love is before you

You had the most familiar voice and beauty
I soon realized there are no love limits

You were so peaceful and calm hearing my loud heartbeat
I was hoping you were not feeling my silent tears

You were alone and frightened 
I was feeling guilty every second fighting my weakness

You were quietly following my fears
I hosted you for a while in my secret dreams

You had a purpose to stay and hugged me tight
I am so sorry I treated you like a stranger and left you in deep pain

You had the right to be here today
I had my reasons to let you go at that time, still full of sorrow

You kissed my lips to say goodbye to the only one you ever loved
I begged for forgiveness

You asked me to forget with your innocent smile
I promised to think of you every day

You will always be my deepest regret
I will never meet you. 




1 comment:

  1. Beim Lesen dieser Zeilen sind mir die Tränen in die Augen getreten...sehr bewegend! Danke!

    ReplyDelete